|Location:|| Connecticut (Former)|
New York City (Current)
|Occupation:|| High School Student (Former)|
College Student (Current)
|Age:||15 (Season 1)|
|Family:|| Julian Voorhees - Father|
Heline - Mother
Jacqueline White - Former Step-Mother
Buckley White - Half-Brother
Virgil White - Former Step-Grandfather
Fern White - Former Step-Grandmother
Xanthippe Lannister Voorhees is the 15-year-old step-daughter of Jacqueline White and the older half-sister of Buckley Voorhees. Her father is Julian Voorhees.
Xanthippe is extremely spoiled and sarcastic, and her rebellious personality frequently causes conflict with her stepmother and Kimmy. She spends much of the first season trying to figure out the story behind Kimmy's "odd" behavior, in an effort to get her fired.
- Xanthippe's name is pronounced like Zan-thi-pee. She also goes by Xan which sounds like Zan.
- She shares her name with the wife of Socrates and St. Xanthippe of Spain. Socrates' wife was famously shrewish, and from this characterization, the Merriam-Webster Third International Dictionary defines a Xanthippe as an ill-tempered woman.
- The boyfriend Xan makes up to impress her friends was inspired by Thrash from a Babysitters Club book.
- Xanthippe's middle name, Lannister, is the last name of one of the scheming, murderous ruling families in the "Game of Thrones" TV series and "A Song of Ice and Fire" book series.
- Her last name, Voorhees, is the last name of Jason, the homicidal villain in the Friday the 13th movie franchise. All in all, the cleverly-chosen three parts of her name suggest a person who is not entirely pleasant.
|Kimmy's Family||Kimmy • Lori Anne • Randy • Kymmi|
|New York City||Titus • Lillian • Dong • Coriolanus • Mikey • Mimi • Andrea • Artie • Vera • Charlie • Sonja • Logan • Bobby|
|White Family||Jacqueline • Buckley • Virgil • Fern|
|Voorhees Family||Xanthippe • Julian|
|Mole Women||Cyndee • Gretchen • Donna Maria|